Apple users are looking for creative ways to post on Instagram from Mac, and we heard them!
Technology and the internet are constantly evolving. However, Instagram still does not provide a possible way to post Instagram on from non-mobile devices.
That’s okay though as it is possible in some other ways. Although, Instagram very strongly recommends using only mobile devices and the official app to post stuff.
Why Would Someone Post on Instagram Through Mac?
We know how stressful can it be to sync your devices all the time.
Additionally, if you are serious about your hobby or professionalism, it is quite certain that editing these photos and sending them back to yourself will take a stupid amount of time.
It is just unnecessary to bear. What a waste.
However, as we mentioned, it is possible to trick the Instagram Web to make it recognize you as you are using a mobile device.
We made the same guide for Chrome in our article named How to Post on Instagram from PC and it works like a champ.
So, why not make the same guide for Mac too?
We suggest you follow the steps below and check the mentioned article above to grasp the basic mechanics of posting on Instagram. Let’s get started.
How to Post on Instagram from Mac
Most of the daily use browsers have a hidden feature to change its user agent.
This simply means that if you do the steps correctly, Instagram online will see you like a mobile device user and you will be able to use all the features of the original app.
With this way of approach, you will able to use your Instagram as a mobile app even when you are on your laptop or desktop.
- Open default Mac browser Safari and visit ‘www.instagram.com‘.
- Log in to your account using your credentials.
- Pull down the Safari menu to go ‘Preferences’ and from there click on to the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- There is an option at the bottom of the menu called ‘Show Develop menu in menu bar’, check the box near it.
- Now refresh the page and click on to the ‘Develop’, from there click ‘User-Agent’ and choose the latest iOS version for iPhone.
- We just assumed that you would want to use an iPhone interface. Yet, you can choose any mobile device or operating system as you want.
- Refresh the page again and the classic view of mobile Instagram should appear.
- Click on the plus icon at the bottom center. This icon is for adding new posts to your feed.
- As you click on the plus icon, your default file manager will open up. Therefore, you can choose a photo to post on Instagram.
- When the photo uploads, you can select a filter and do basic edits to your image using Instagram’s basic tools.
- Additionally, you can write a caption as you desire and share your post to the public by clicking on ‘Share’.
Unfortunately, there is not an official guide for how to post on Instagram from Safari by Instagram Help. So, we are unable to provide you external information.