Sometimes it can be funny to see people asking “how to log out of Twitter,” while it’s like a child’s play for us advanced users. We’ll help them anyway.
Twitter is a social media platform that allows people to chat and share every bit of knowledge with each other over the internet.
Many people around the world use Twitter and it’s not a surprise as it allows greater flexibility in terms of expressing your opinions and more.
Users of such a large-scale social media application are growing like an avalanche.
It is free to register for this application which can be downloaded to the computer and used in the form of application.
Once you’ve signed up for the app, you can log in and start using the app with your username and password.
So, you signed up for the application and signed in. now you’re wondering how you can log out of it.
How Can I Log Out of Twitter Quickly?
The answer is very simple, and you will be able to exit the application easily without any difficulty.
- To sign out of Twitter, you must first open the app and tap the My Profile icon on the bottom-left section.
- You can then log out of your account by tapping the gear-shaped settings icon next to your profile picture.
- Tapping the sign out button on the section will do the trick and you’ll securely log out of Twitter.
- If you want to log out through your device’s settings, you must first enter your phone’s settings, and find the Twitter app and tap on it.
- You can then tap the logged-in account and follow the instructions to close your account safely.
- This allows you to log out of the platform directly without entering the application.
How to Sign Out of Twitter for iOS
You can sign out of the Twitter app for iOS in three ways:
- Tap your profile icon in the top menu to proceed.
- Tap the Settings and Privacy section.
- Tap Account, and then tap Sign out.
To re-add your account to the application:
- Open the Twitter app.
- Tap Sign in.
- Enter your username and password.
- Tap Sign in.
- If you’ve forgotten your account password, reset it.
Remove your account from your device settings:
- Go to the Settings section of your device.
- Tap on Twitter.
- If you have more than one account, tap the account you want to remove.
- Select Delete Account.
Note: When you remove an account from the Twitter app, you are actively signed out.
Removing an account from the application will not delete it.
You can then re-add the account at any time by using the Sign In button.
Remove Access from Twitter
- Go to your Applications tab.
- Find Twitter for iPhone or Twitter for iPad and tap on Remove access.
Note: Although you can see that some other apps, such as Twitter for iPhone or Camera for iOS, are listed on your active connections, you can’t remove access permissions for them individually.
You must remove access for the entire iOS integration.
How Can I Log in to My Account Again?
- When you want to log back in after logging out of your account, tap the Twitter app icon on your phone.
- Enter your member information to the designated field the screen, and click tap on “Log in.” After doing this, you’ll successfully log back into your account.
How to Sign Out of Twitter for Android
- In the top menu, you’ll see the navigation menu icon or your profile icon. Tap which icon you have.
- Tap Settings and Privacy.
- Tap Account, and then tap Sign out.
- Tap OK to sign out of Twitter on your Android device.
Signing out of an account on Twitter for Android does not delete your account.
You can then re-add an account at any time by using the Sign In button.
If you have multiple accounts, you can learn more about adding additional accounts to your application.
Note: Twitter is not able to support Android versions 2.3 to 4.1 in the Google Play Store. Please note that if you continue to use these versions, there will be no updates.
To experience the latest Twitter for Android app, download the latest version from the store or visit Twitter in your browser.
Twitter Account Deletion
It is a fact that signing out of your account is enough in most cases, you can come back every time and you’ll account will be staying there securely.
However, in some extreme situations or for anything, in particular, you can always temporarily or permanently close your account.
Is Twitter Account Deletion a Thing?
Twitter does not allow mobile users to access the account deletion page.
To access this page from your mobile devices, follow the instructions below.
- Log in to your account.
- Tap your Twitter profile photo in the top right corner and tap “Settings.”
- From the page that opens, tap “Account” from the menu on the left.
- Tap the “Disable my account” link at the bottom of the account page.
- Tap the “Disable @username” button.
Note: You should not log back into your account within 30 days of Twitter account deletion.
If you do not log in for 30 days, your Twitter account will be permanently deleted. If you log in again within 30 days, your account will be active again.
If you don’t want to do the above steps one by one, you can open the account deactivation page directly by clicking the link below.
Twitter account deletion link: https://twitter.com/settings/accounts/confirm_deactivation
If you wait 30 days after Twitter deletion, you will not be able to access your account again. Therefore, you can make a backup of your tweets if you want.
You can request your Twitter account history with the “Request Archive“ button under the “Account Settings” option for the Twitter backup process.
When your tweet archive is ready, a URL will be sent to your e-mail address. Click on this link to make a backup of your tweets to keep them intact.
Thanks a lot for reading this article! Do you remember the last time even signing out was confusing enough? Let us have some nostalgia, let us know in the comments down below.