On Twitter a blue badge (twitter Verification) next to a name is a badge that let’s people know the account is of public interest and that the account is verified to be that person. It’s not entirely easy to get verified on Twitter as you have to fit Twitters standards. But what could you lose by trying? Also note that you if the twitter verification badge is declined you can try again after 30 days. Here are some things you should make sure of before applying for the badge. (Twitter Support)
- Make sure your account has all the information filled out.
- Create a professional Bio showing you belong somewhere and are important to the public. If you know verified people on Twitter be sure to tag them in your bio.
- Verify your phone number and fill out your other information.
- Set your tweets to public. This is important because how can you be an interest of the public if your account is not public? That makes sense I assume.
- Be active on Twitter and engage with other Twitter users.
- Add a cover photo and web site if applicable
After doing these you will have to fill out a form that looks like this:
Cool Tip: Go to Twitter and find the @verified account. They follow all the verified accounts on Twitter so can check those profiles out and try to emulate them the best you can.
Why It’s Important to have Twitter Verification
There are likely to be a lot of obvious benefits to having a verified status on Twitter.
- The chances are you more likely to get more followers
- You’re bound to gain trust and respect from the community
- You have one more data point on your being an influencer/authority
There are some immediate platform benefits, too. You can opt out of group DMs, and you can filter your notifications to include only notifications from other verified users. It’s sort of like an exclusive club.
Pages that you may be interested in: https://buyinstagramfollowers.org/blog/how-to-center-instagram-bio
We suggest you to read How to Delete Twitter Account Permanently