With the account disable feature working purely, it is possible to close your account temporarily. So let’s see how to disable an Instagram account.
You may want to buy Instagram likes for your brand or business to give a vigorous ground for it to thrive.
Although Instagram has increased its number of users with many features, there are still some people who do not want to use the application for some reason.
If you are one of these users and do not want to use Instagram for a while, and if you think you spend a lot of time in this application, you can temporarily disable your account.
What Does “Account Disabled” Mean on Instagram
Instagram account disable means temporarily closing your account. You can re-open your account at any time you wish.
- When you freeze your account, other people will not be able to see you on Instagram.
- No one will be able to view your profile, photos, likes, or comments while your account is deactivated.
- And this means that you will be invisible on Instagram for as long as you keep your account disabled, and you will disappear from the algorithmic feed of Instagram.
What happens when I disable my account on Instagram?
When you freeze your Instagram account, your photos, likes, shares, archives, highlighted stories and comments would not be deleted.
They will reappear after a time, even if they will not be immediately visible the first time you activate your account.
Moreover, if you are determined to delete your account permanently, we recommend you to back up your posts first.
How often can I temporarily disable my Instagram account?
You can only temporarily disable your account once in the same week.
Instagram will not allow you to use this feature too often; if you attempt to deactivate your account more than once in a week, Instagram will not allow you to do it.
So, if you want to open your Instagram account to look at what’s going on, it might be a more useful option to look through your fake account.
How can I reactive an Instagram account?
When you are ready to change your decision and return to Instagram, you can reactivate your disabled account quite easily.
- To reactive a disabled Instagram account, log in to your Instagram account in the usual way.
- Log in with your username and password to reactivate your disabled account by going to Instagram from a browser or using the Instagram app.
How to Disable Instagram Account on PC
Time needed: 3 minutes.
If you are sure that you want to disable your Instagram account for a while, you can do this so easily from the computer. You can quickly suspend your account in just a short time.
Follow the steps below to explore the temporary deactivation feature of Instagram:
- Open your Instagram account from your computer.
- From your browser, go to the Instagram website and sign in to your account. Then go to your profile page.
- Click to the Edit Profile option.
- Go to Account Settings from your profile page and click to the Edit Profile section. Then, click the field at the bottom that says Temporarily Disable My Account.
- Select an option for the ‘’Why are you disabling your account?’’ question.
- Once you have selected your reason for deactivating your Instagram account, click to the Temporarily Disable My Account button.
- Enter your password.
- In the window that appears write your password and click to the confirm button to disable your account.
How to Disable Instagram Account on Mobile
If you want to disable your Instagram account on your mobile device, you need to use the mobile browser on your phone.
For the time being, it is unfortunately not possible to suspend or delete an account via the Instagram app.
- First, go to the Instagram website from your mobile browser and sign in to your account.
- Click on your small profile picture at the bottom right of the screen and go to your profile page. Then, Click to the Edit Profile section.
- Touch to the Temporarily Disable My Account option at the bottom of the page that opens.
- On the screen that appears, select a reason for temporarily closing your account. Then press the OK button.
- Lastly, enter your password and touch to the confirm button.