Sometimes we post stupid content to the public and a lot of people can see it before we delete Instagram post. It can be a pain in the back to quickly maneuver and remove the said post, especially for beginners. If you want to avoid that confusion and embarrassment, you can follow this guide to learn about how to delete an Instagram post with ease.
How to Delete Instagram Photos
- Open the official Instagram app and log in with your credentials. If you do not possess the app already, download it. There is currently no possible way to delete Instagram posts outside of the mobile app.
- Go to your profile page by tapping on the icon with a body figure on it at the bottom right of the screen. Afterward, tap and open the post you wish to delete permanently.
- Later, tap the icon with three lined dots on the top right side of the post. This step will take you to post options.
- Tap on ‘Delete’ option and confirm your action. Currently, you can only delete a post at a time. Do not forget that deleting an Instagram picture will also delete all the likes and the comments the post received over time.
- It is done, your post is deleted permanently.
If you wish to do further reading about this particular topic, we suggest you check Instagram’s official article below.
A little disclaimer is, you can not delete an Instagram photo on your PC or some other device. Currently, it is only possible to delete pictures from the official mobile app.
Also, there is a thing called ‘Tagged Photos’ on Instagram. These posts are some other users’ content that contains your account as tagged. If you give your permission, these posts are shown on your profile by default. If you desire to untag yourself from a photo or completely disable this feature, follow the steps below.
How to Untag Yourself on Instagram
- Open the official Instagram app and log in to your account. If you do not own the app on your mobile device already, grab it. There is currently no possible way to untag yourself on Instagram outside of the official app.
- Go to your profile page by tapping on the icon with a body figure on it at the bottom right.
- Under your Story Highlights, there should be three icons representing your posts. One with a grid, one with a square and lines underneath and atop of it, and finally one with a human figure in a picture frame. Tap on the third icon.
- Afterward, tap on a photo you wish to untag yourself from. Reveal the tags by tapping on the post once. Tap on your account’s name and choose ‘Remove me from photo’ option on the pop-up menu. Tap ‘Done’ once.
- However, if you want to completely disable the feature, go to your account’s settings and choose ‘Privacy’ tab. From there, tap on ‘Tags’ and adjust the slider that labeled as ‘Add Automatically’. This will either allow or disable the tagged photos to show on your profile.
If you liked this article, How to Post Multiple Pictures on Instagram (The Easy Way) may interest you.
We suggest you to read How to DM on Instagram: 7 Tips About Instagram Messages