We will talk about the process of deleting comments on Instagram today. With Instagram, you can delete comments in your posts that you do not like or don’t want to see. So let’s see how to delete comments on Instagram.
Do you know that you can buy automatic Instagram likes to lift your account to its true and pure potential?
How to Delete a Comment on Instagram on Mobile
Deleting a comment you don’t like is one of the easiest things you can do on Instagram. Deleting Instagram comments on your iOS or Android operating system phone only takes 1 second. To do so:
- First, open your Instagram app from your phone and go to the comment which you want to delete.
- Then, you have to touch and hold your comment, and you will see the Report or Delete button, touch the Delete button in the top right corner.
- Or, you have to scroll the comment to the left and press the trash can icon.
The process of deleting comments on Instagram on phones with iOS and Android operating systems is done in this way, and if you think that the comment made under your post is inappropriate, you can use the Report button. Or, if deleting the comment doesn’t stop the person commenting on you, it may be a good option to block that person.
When I delete someone’s comment, does this person gets any notification?
No, no one will get a notification when you delete their comments. Users can only understand that you have deleted your comment if they remember that they have commented on your post and re-enter your post and cannot see their comments. It is not possible to receive a notification about this on Instagram.
How to Delete a Comment on Instagram on PC
Time needed: 1 minute.
You can now delete Instagram comments not only from your mobile device but also from your computer. This method can be performed quite simply and quickly, just like the method of deleting comments from the phone.
- Go to the Instagram website.
- First, visit the Instagram website and log in to your account. Go to the post and find the comment which you want to delete.
- Click the three-point icon.
- After finding the comment, you will see the three-points icon next to the comment you’d like to delete. Click it.
- Click to the Delete option.
- After you click to the three-points icon, you will see Report and Delete options, select the delete option and the comment will be deleted.
Why does a comment I deleted on Instagram still exist?
If you delete a comment and still see that comment when you refresh the page, there may be a problem with your internet connection during this process.
So it’s a good idea to try this process again and check your internet connection.
How to Turn off or Filter Comments on Instagram
To avoid annoying comments, you can use filtering or turn your photo directly to comment. In particular, Instagram accounts can complain about the excess of comments.
These comments may contain spam, advertising, offensive terms, or insults. If you want to have an active account but no annoying comments under your posts, you can use Instagram’s comment filtering.
To filter comments on Instagram
- After logging in to your profile via the mobile application, you can enable filtering through the Comments tab under the Settings section.
- In this section, you can use the default keywords set by Instagram, or enter the words you want to be blocked by entering a comma in the Custom Keywords field.
- However, it is also possible to disable comments completely instead of filtering or deleting them one by one. So you can continue comfortably using Instagram.
To turn off comments on Instagram
- When uploading photos or videos to your account, there is an option called Advanced Settings on the bottom of the sharing screen.
- When you click on this option, it will open up extra options to turn off comments.
- On the page that opens, you will see the Turn off Commenting option. You have to pull it to the right to activate it. You can then proceed to share your content.
- No one will be able to comment on the post after sharing photos and videos with the Turn off Commenting option. However, you have the option to re-open this later.
To re-open comments on Instagram
- You can open the comments by pressing the three-points at the top right of the post.
- You can make your post open to comment by choosing to open comments from the options here.