Instagram, one of the most popular social media applications available today, is used by millions of people. Users may want to change their password for many problems on their Instagram account or just for security reasons. So if you’re wondering how to change your Instagram password, we will explain to you this in detail today.
You may also want to buy Instagram followers for your business to tremendously grow it beyond any reach.
How Can I Change My Instagram Password on PC
Time needed: 3 minutes.
If you want to change the password of your Instagram account, you can do it from the computer. You may want to change your Instagram password for various reasons.
But even if you don’t have a problem with your account, we recommend you to change your password at specific periods because this is a significant issue for your safety.
- Go to the Instagram website.
- Visit the Instagram website and log in to your account. Go to your profile page and click to the Settings icon next to your name and the Edit Profile button.
- Select the Change Password option.
- After clicking to the Change Password option, you will be redirected to a new page.
- Write your new password.
- On the page that appears, you will see three boxes. Write down your old password to the first one and your new password to the second and the third one.
- Click to the Change Password button.
- After you write down your new password, click to the Change Password button to change your password. That’s it!
How Can I Change My Instagram Password on Mobile
There isn’t much difference between changing your Instagram password from the phone or computer, and you can do both methods quickly and effortlessly.
You can change your password on the Instagram app from your iOS or Android device. To do so, follow these steps below.
- First, open the Instagram app from your mobile device and go to your profile page.
- Then, go to the Change Password section by touching the Settings icon in the upper right corner.
- On the page that appears, enter your current password to the first box and then, type your new password twice into boxes.
- After you finish, click to the Change Password button, then your new password will be set.
How Can I Log in to My Instagram Account If I Forgot My Password
If you can’t open your Instagram account from a computer or website, try opening it with a mobile device. However, you may have forgotten the password for the account which is open on your phone.
You don’t have to worry about it because if you have forgotten your password, it won’t be challenging to get a new one and log in to your account again. But you can use this method if you can access your email address.
- Go to the Instagram website or open your Instagram app from your mobile device. Log out from your Instagram account if it is still open on your phone.
- Click to the Forgot Password option. Instagram will ask you to enter your email address, write it.
- Then, Instagram will send a password reset link to your email address. Wait for the password reset link email.
- After you receive the email, you can set your new password by clicking to the link in the email.
How Can I Log in to My Instagram Account Without Mail
If you have forgotten your email address, or if you cannot access your mail account, it will be a little bit difficult to get your account back, because Instagram itself says that they will not be able to return your account without knowing it.
However, there is a way that you can get your account back. If your Instagram account is linked to your Facebook account, you have a chance to recover it. Although some Instagram accounts may be unaware, it may be useful to try this method.
- Open your Facebook application from your mobile device.
- From Facebook’s menu, click on Instagram; this will open Instagram automatically.
- When you are logged in, you can replace your email address to your current email address from Instagram settings.
Is there anything I can do to increase the security of my Instagram account?
Actually, yes. You can use the Two-Factor Authentication feature of Instagram. You can enable this feature in Settings. In the settings section on Instagram, you can turn on the Security Code Required option to have a safer Instagram account.
This feature will require a confirmation code when you log in to your Instagram account. And this code will be sent to your phone as a message.
How can I make a strong password for my Instagram account?
When creating a password, your password must contain numbers as well as letters. Make sure you use uppercase and lowercase letters together.
Moreover, be careful not to use a password that can be easily guessed, such as your personal information, like your name or your date of birth. These pieces of information are easily accessible to people who want to hack your account.