Youtube, one of the most popular sites in the world, offers various subscriptions to provide better services to its users. YouTube Red, now known as YouTube Premium, allows users to use YouTube without ads and more freely. Thus, users can enjoy more than YouTube. However, things don’t always go as planned, and sometimes users may not be happy with the service they receive. For the fee they pay monthly, it may be that the features that come with the subscription do not satisfy them or do not find the features that come with this subscription sufficient. So, if you’re wondering how to cancel YouTube Red, you can reach the answer to this question by reading this article.
What Is YouTube Red
Monthly Red or, also known as YouTube Premium, service features are the features most demanded by the users. By using this feature, you are getting rid of the ads in the videos completely. Red users watch videos on the platform without ads. The second important feature is the possibility to use offline. Even if you download videos and then go offline, you can watch them without any problems. It is also possible to play video in the background within the mobile application.
The background music that many users want is another feature of the Red service. The YouTube Music app lets you play music in the background and listen offline. Moreover, of course, there is also some original content. Users with YouTube Red service can watch Red series prepared by YouTubers.
Yes, but there are a few things you need to know. If you cancel your subscription during the free trial period, your free trial will not be transferred to the paid subscription at the end of the free trial period, but you will have access until the end of the trial period.
You will not be able to access any YouTube Premium or YouTube Music Premium benefits when your membership is canceled. You will no longer be able to watch videos without ads, access original videos exclusive to Premium, and run YouTube in the background while you are using your phone.
How to Cancel YouTube Red on PC
Please note that when you cancel your membership, you will no longer be able to take advantage of YouTube Red membership If you are determined to cancel your YouTube Red member and no longer want to be a member, you can unsubscribe by following the steps below:
- First, go to YouTube. Log in to your account and click to your profile photo icon at the top right corner of the page.
- Click the Paid Membership section. In the drop-down menu that opens when you tap your profile icon, click to the Paid Membership option.
- Tap the Cancel Membership button. After clicking the Paid Membership option, click to the Cancel Membership button and your YouTube Red membership will be canceled after clicking the Yes, cancel button.
Once you cancel your membership, you won’t be charged again unless you re-subscribe YouTube Premium. Your YouTube Premium membership advantages will continue until the end of your billing period you have already paid.
How to Cancel YouTube Red on iOS
- Open the App Store on your mobile device, and tap your profile photo at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click to your Apple ID. Then enter your password or use Touch ID to verify.
- Find the Subscriptions section and select YouTube Premium on the following menu.
- You will see the Cancel Subscription option, click it. Then click to Confirm.
- That’s it, your subscription will last until the end of your billing period, which you have already paid.
How to Cancel YouTube Red on Android
You have two options at this point:
Cancel your YouTube Red membership via YouTube App:
- Open the YouTube app from your mobile device and tap on your profile icon at the top right corner.
- Select the Paid Memberships section and tap Manage for YouTube Premium.
- Now select Cancel Membership.
- Tap continue to cancel your membership.
Cancel your YouTube Red membership via the website:
- Open the YouTube website on your Internet browser from your mobile device.
- Tap your profile icon at the top and select the Paid Membership section.
- Click to this option and cancel your membership.
How to Pause YouTube Premium Membership
If you want to cancel your YouTube Premium for a while and don’t want to pay, it may be a better option to pause your membership. Thus, you do not lose time with the process of closing and re-opening the membership.
- First of all, go to the youtube.com/paid_memberships address.
- Look for the Paid Memberships section and click on the menu.
- Tap to the Pause Membership option.
- Select how long you want to pause your YouTube Premium membership, by sliding the slider.
- Lastly, press the Pause Membership button.
There are some points you should know about pausing your YouTube Premium membership:
- You can select the length of your membership’s paused period status from 1 to 6 months.
- Your membership will be paused at the end of your current billing cycle.
- While your premium membership is paused, you have the right to cancel your membership at any time.
- Any videos or music you download during a YouTube Premium subscription will be retained, but you will not be able to access those videos until your membership continues.
- When your paused status ends, you will automatically be charged at the standard monthly price for a new month of service, which will be your new billing date.
- By visiting YouTube from a web browser or using the YouTube app, you can pause or resume your membership before your scheduled resume date at any time.
How to Resume Your YouTube Membership
If you want to use your account again. Follow these steps:
- Go to the YouTube app on your mobile device or go to the YouTube website.
- Tap to your profile photo icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap the Paid Memberships section, and then tap the Manage section.
- Click to Resume Memberships option.
- Click to the Continue button to resume your membership.
Now you can use your membership as where you left off. Your account will be standing as you left it. You can access the videos and music you downloaded before and do not forget that you will continue to pay for reactivating your account. You can pause or cancel your membership again at any time.