Did you know that you can add music to Instagram Stories? With this new feature called Instagram Music, you can post your story with your favorite song banging on top of it.
As a matter of fact, 60% of people who view Instagram Stories, do their swiping with audio on.
That means a little common taste in music can result in new contacts and networks.
It is fairly easy to achieve, yet, Instagram Music is still not available for some countries around the globe. Unfortunately, these users will not able to enjoy this feature for now.
However, the Instagram team is working hard to bring the feature everywhere in the world. As a temporary solution, they can use reliable third-parties to do that task.
So, let’s dive in and have a look at how you can add music on Instagram Stories.
How to Add a Song on Instagram Stories
- Open the official Instagram app and log in with your username and password.
- Tap on your profile picture with a plus on it at the top left corner to add an Instagram Story.
- Tap the sticker icon at the top right corner.
- Scroll down and tap on Instagram Music sticker to add to your story.
- You can search for a specific song if you know the credentials of it.
- You can browse by genre (R&B, Rock, etc.) mood (Inspirational, Fun, etc.), and you can scan popular songs.
- Select a song for your own taste.
- Trim the part of the song you want, do not forget that it can not be longer than 15 seconds.
- Select the style of music sticker as there are three types; normal, transparent and square. You can pinch it to make the sticker bigger or smaller.
- Tap ‘Done’ and add the song to your Insta Story.
- Unfortunately, you can not add stories from your camera roll if you want to use Instagram Music. You have to get a picture or take a video on the spot.
It is as easy as that, but if your country does not support the feature yet, there is a shady way to make it work.
Therefore, let’s talk about it.
How to Use Instagram Music If Your Country Doesn’t Support It
- Delete the official Instagram app from your mobile device completely.
- Get a free VPN app, any VPN which would allow you to change your location will work.
- Open your VPN and set your location to a region where Instagram Music works. The U.S.A. is recommended.
- Open the Instagram app and log in to your account with your username and password.
- Now you can freely use the Instagram Music feature without any problems. You can add music to Instagram videos and pictures.
If you wish to do further research about the Instagram stickers and Instagram Music, check the link below.