We’ll tell you how to change your name on Facebook today.
As your time and age change, you may not like the username you entered when you signed up for Facebook.
Many users can create a new account because they don’t like their username on Facebook.
However, this is not necessary because you have the right to change names on Facebook.
You can only change your name every 60 days.Facebook Help Centre
Can You Change Your Name on Facebook?
Facebook is the best place to interact with friends and family and is currently one of the leading social media networks with millions of active users.
If someone wants to be friends with you on Facebook, it’s easy to find you if you use your real name.
However, many people may want to change their Facebook name. I
f you have made a nickname, you may want to change it to your real name, or you may want to use a nickname if you don’t want to be found.
Fortunately, it is possible to change the name on Facebook.
Nonetheless, when changing the name on Facebook, you should think carefully and check thoroughly; otherwise, you cannot change your name again for 60 days.
How often can I change my Facebook name?
Facebook only allows you to update your name every 60 days.
If you want to change your name before the 60-day deadline, you have to wait until it expires.
Are there any restrictions I need to be aware of when changing my Facebook name?
Yes, there are a few things you must consider when you are changing your name on Facebook.
- Your name must not contain symbols, numbers, capital letters, punctuation.
- You should not use characters from more than one language.
- You should not include your title.
- You should not use offensive and obscene words.
- You should not type words or phrases in the place of your name.
How to Change Profile Name on Facebook
Your Facebook account name usually is the one you wrote when you first registered if you didn’t make changes after you signed up.
If you want to change the name you have written for any reason, this process is quite simple. To change the Facebook name, follow these steps:
- Go to the Facebook website.
- Log in to your Facebook account first. After you log in, take a look at the blue bar at the top, you’ll see the arrow pointing down at the right, click it and enter Settings.
- Go to the General Setting section.
- After entering this setting on Facebook, click General Settings. This setting is at the top of the left column. After pressing General Account Settings, you can select your first name, last name, and even your second name from the pop-up window.
- Click the Save Changes button.
- Type your first name in the upper box and your middle name in the lower box, and then click on the Review Change button in the last box. After you choose how your name will appear on your profile, you can enter your Facebook password and click to the Save Changes button.
How to Change Your Name on Facebook Mobile
You do not have to change the name of your Facebook account only from the computer. You can also edit your Facebook name from the Android or iOS app.
You can even update your name on Facebook from the mobile browser of your phone using the same method mentioned above. To edit your name on Facebook, you can use these steps:
- Open your Facebook app on your mobile device and touch to the More option.
- Scroll down and tap the Settings and Privacy section, then click to the Settings button.
- Tap Personal Information, then click to the Name option.
- You will see three boxes on the new page, where you can enter your first name, last name and middle name if you have any. If you want your middle name or nickname to appear in your profile, select the Show at the Top of Profile option next to your middle name. So people can find you more easily.
- After you finish typing your new name, click to the Review Change option at the bottom of the page.
- Lastly, enter your password and press to the Save Changes button.