Snapchat is surely one of the most popular social media applications in the mobile world. Currently, millions of users are using Snapchat and sharing their moments with their followers. Since its establishment, Snapchat has been at the top of the most popular social networks, especially among the young generation. However, you might still have reasons to delete Snapchat.
Yes, you can delete your account on both. Their processes are different though, we explain these processes below.
Your account stays deactivated for a period of thirty days, after that period it will be gone forever. Therefore, you can access your account in thirty days after its deletion.
How to Delete Snapchat Account Permanently
One of the most frequently asked question for the Snapchat is about to remove Snapchat account. You might seek more privacy when you close Snapchat account.
If you decided to delete Snapchat account permanently, this article could help you. You can delete your Snapchat account easily from a computer or your mobile phone.
How Can You Delete Snapchat Account on a PC
- You can delete your Snapchat account via Snapchat’s accounts page. For this, you need to go https://accounts.snapchat.com, log in and click on the “Delete My Account” section.
- Enter your Snapchat username and password that you wish to delete.
- Check the box next to ‘I am not a robot’ and then tap the log in button.
- After these, you will land on the “Manage My Account” page. Scroll down and tap on “Delete My Account.”
- Enter your Snapchat username and password again, and then tap “Delete Account.”
Snapchat will deactivate your account for thirty days, in case you change your mind. After this time passes, it will permanently delete itself.
How Can You Delete Snapchat Account on a Mobile Device
- Open the official Snapchat app and log in to your account with your credentials.
- Tap your Snapchat profile picture on the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap the gear-shaped icon at the top-right corner and choose “Help Center” tab under the Support section.
- Go to “My Account” and Security select “Account Information” and then choose to “Delete my Account.”
- Tap the “Accounts Portal” link in the text and follow the steps that were explained in the first method.
Again, your account will be deleted permanently in 30 days. Within these 30 days, you can reactivate your account if you wish.
Before you close your accounts in Snapchat, we suggest you download your data for privacy concerns; which includes Snap history, profile data, an overview of your friends, location, and search history.
How to Download Your Snapchat Data
- For this, you need to first, visit Snapchat’s website and log in with your informatiıon.
- Secondly, click to ‘My Data’ and ‘Submit Request.’
- Snapchat will email you a link once your data is ready to be downloaded. When the link arrives, follow this link.
Unfortunately, once you have requested your data, Snapchat says you need to wait for it to reach your inbox before deleting your account. If you want to receive your data, you have to wait for a bit.