It is a common problem that some users don’t know what to do when they forget their password. There are a few ways of getting into Instagram when you lose your password. We will explain how to do it step by step.
How Can I Get Into My Instagram Account If I Lose My Password?
You can use “Forgot Your Password?” option in case this kind of situation.
– When you open login screen, tap “Forgot your password?”.
– You need to write your username and e-mail address that belong to your account in those fields.
– You can either enter your phone number. But, you must have associated your phone number with your Instagram account. Besides, resetting by phone number is available on Android.
Reset Your Password With Using Facebook
If you have Facebook account, you can reset your Instagram account’s password with using Facebook as well.
– There is search in the top-right of the screen. Tap it.
– Tap Reset Using Facebook.
– If you haven’t logged into Facebook, you will be asked to log into Facebook.
– Once you log in, you can reset your Instagram password.
Find Your Reset Link
After you complete fields and send, reset link will be sent to you via e-mail or sms. So, if you have selected e-mail, an e-mail including your reset link will be sent. If you selected resetting with phone, an sms will be sent to your phone. If there is no e-mail, you should check spam folder. Sometimes it may be there. For example, gmail puts these kinds of e-mails in spam folder. If you couldn’t get reset link via e-mail, phone or through Facebook, you can contact Instagram to get support. If you tried all these things and couldn’t get into your Instagram account, you need to open a new account.