Facebook is one of the most popular social networks, which, like other platforms, has an option to freeze (temporary lock) and delete your account. With a few simple steps, you can delete your Facebook account or temporarily lock it.
Freezing (temporary blocking) a Facebook account
To temporarily block your Facebook account, you must first log in using your email address, username and password. The account lockout process ends with the steps below.
- After logging in to Facebook, click on the small arrow in the upper right corner of the screen and select Settings from the menu that opens.
- On the opened page in the left block, select and click Facebook Information.
- In the window that appears on the right, click Delete account and information.
- In the window that opens, select Deactivate account to keep access to Messenger. Follow the necessary instructions.
Now you have completed the account lockout process.
Deleting a Facebook account
Unlike a temporary account lockout, you cannot restore a deleted Facebook profile. This means that you will not be able to restore the profile and data after you complete the deletion process.
The instructions for deleting your Facebook account are as follows:
- Log in to your Facebook profile, click Settings and uninstall the apps. To do this, select and mark the applications from the list in the box next to them. The apps will be removed after you click the delete button on the side. If you skip this step, all of your apps that haven’t been removed will be linked to the Facebook mobile app and the account deletion won’t be completed.
- Next, select the Facebook Information section in the Settings menu. Here you can access the Delete account and information Click this section.
- Click Delete account. Confirm the action and enter the password used for Facebook.
We suggest you to read Facebook Account Registration 2019