Instagram is mainly intended for posting visuals and instant communication, however, it can also be used for collecting pictures of cool stuff you may want to look at later. Just like Pinterest, Instagram lets users gather their own collections. If you wonder about how to save a picture from Instagram, you are in the right place.
Back then, it was not possible to assemble multiple posts to look for later. You just had your ‘Liked Photos’ to settle for. Naturally, it was pretty hard to look for an individual image among your friends’ casual selfies. Thankfully, now you can bookmark an image to view it later and you can even create collections among these pictures.
There may be several reasons for wanting to save a picture from Instagram. Maybe you are just stacking up some photos of your ex-lover or you are just looking for different visions about your new hobby. Either way, your saved images will not result in a notification received on the other side. Just like that, you will not know if a person bookmarks your post. Therefore, there is no risk embarrassing yourself and your motives are for yourself. Hence, let’s have a look at how you can save an Instagram photo.
How to Save a Picture on Instagram
- For saving an Instagram picture, you need to choose a post to save first. You can do this process on an individual post or you can do this while scrolling on the Home Feed.
- Log in to your Instagram account with your username and password.
- Find and open the post you desire to save. You should do this step as soon as you see the desired post. Regarding Instagram’s algorithmic feed, a post can disappear from your feed forever and you may never see it again.
- Tap on the bookmark icon to save the post, it is at the bottom right corner of the post.
- If you wish to add the post to a collection, long tap on the bookmark icon and tap on the plus icon in the following screen to proceed. From there, you can name your collection or collections.
If you wish to do further reading about this topic, check the official Instagram guide below.
We suggest you to read How to Use Instagram for Business (From Scratch)